Do you live in the Wombourne area, and can spare 2 hours a month?
Do you value the fantastic resource that is the Wom Brook, along with its wildlife?
Then please join the Friends of Wom Brook-membership is merely Â£5 per annum.
We need more members!
Some facts about the group:
- Established in 2004, the group works closely with the Architectural and Landscape Department at South Staffordshire Council.
- The Friends of Wom Brook are all volunteers, and represent ages between 10-85 years!
- The Wom Brook Walk is now a nature reserve.
- For the second year in succession, the area has received a national award-the Green Flag.
- The Group appeared in an episode of the BBC TV series, Nature of Britain.
- The Group monitor numbers of the protected and endangered aquatic mammal, the water vole, which is resident at different points along the Brook.
However, more members are needed-to remove debris from the Brook, thus helping to maintain its water quality, enabling a diversity of wildlife to inhabit it. The Friends Group also clear litter, and manage invasive plant species from engulfing sections of the Brook and its surrounding banks.
Its not all work-organised events are held to increase members’ awareness of the diversity of plant and animal species to be found along the Wom Brook and its Walk.
Please join the Friends of Wom Brook-come along to the AGM-you’ll be most welcome!